Using Paper Artsy lovebird Stamps, I created this colorful page. I made the flowers by cutting doodle paper and coloring in with Tombows. I called the page “Birds Enjoy Flowers”.
I will be sending off 44 cards I made for a local organization that sends birthday cards to seniors. Here are just some of them. I used embossing folders for dimension as any stickers or pop ups are not good for mailing.
This was made on a chipboard base covered in black gesso. I cut the flowers from doodled paper using die cuts for flowers. They came out quite nicely. Try this method of creating flowers.
Using Crafters companion fairy theme stamps, I created this “imagine a place” art journal page. Based on Dylusions inks and leaf stamps, I stamped and fussy cut the houses and mushrooms.
This page was created with Dylusions acrylic paints. I used flowers made with Elizabeth Crafts dies. I used Faber Castell pens for the black border.
Working on this little chipboard album is a little tricky. Colors seem rather dull at this point but I will experiment with different media on the chipboard. The theme is based on stickers from Elizabeth Craft, colored in. The paper was first covered with Tim Holtz tissue paper.
This is the last page of this fairly small art journal - and my first one - started in October this year. I will be making a cover for this journal too. I used Dylusions paint for the bright pink background. The stamp is from Crafters Companion. Other stamps are Rangers.
A very rough background was created with stencils and modeling paste to a make blizzard like surface. A variety of focal points were added with the Tim Holtz coffee stamps which I colored and fussy cut. The Stamping Bella stamp and die suited this scene.
i really wanted to see what effects I could produce in this new chipboard album I purchased. It is not easy getting a bright result. I used Tim Holtz tissue paper which is fantastic. I colored with Distress stamps and added flower stickers. I used Faber Castell Big brush markers for outlines.
I love Paper artsy stamps and have used them here for the birds and flowers. The background was random painting in yellow and green with Dylusions Paint. I then used a stencil with leaves from Dyan Reavely. Sweet result.
I loved using only Heartfelt Creations on top of the Dylusions Inks. I usually like to make 3d flowers with their stamps but as I am into journaling at the moment, I tried to use these products for the page. The color came out very sweetly, I think. I set the flowers in HC coffee cup stamp and die.
Very bright and a little random, this page should make one simile - such pretty colors from Dylusions paint. Flowers are Heartfelt Creations dies. Paper flowers of Debi Payne fussy cut and pasted. Spellbinders border die cuts at the bottom.
After watching Nika in Wonderland on YouTube , I tried to do something similar with Dylusions Paints that I have just purchased. I love the brightness of these paints and I was stretched to draw the flowers myself - not something I do with confidence. I am happy with the bright page that resulted.
I have completed an art journal based on an old museum booklet. I made a cover in fabric for it. Here is the result and then the process. This picture shows an elastic tie I made for the book too.
First, measure the book on top of a piece of fabric of your choice. It should be big enough to cover the inner front and back cover to half the size or more of that book cover, on the inside.
Lay the fabric right side facing you and turn in the sides so that you see the back side of the fabric facing you on the folded side and the area where the book spine faces you. You are seeing the right side of the fabric.
The inner hem can be stuck down with iron on tape. Now lay the book on this piece of fabric and draw a chalk line along the top and bottom of the book. Sew a line of stitching on the top and bottom line.
Now turn the back of the item to face you. Turn down the fabric above the seam you have just made and iron it down and use iron on tape to stick the excess fabric down. Do this to the bottom edge too. Now turn the whole thing inside out and you have a completed book cover. Iron for a nice crisp effect. The cover is done.
You can see the front cover and the first page
Dylusions Paint was used for the base of this page. Lovely, bright colors are a result of using this gorgeous paint. Dyan Reavely Stamps are the focus. Faber Castell Big brushes were used for the coloring.
Sewing, machine embroidery, paper-craft, and stamping are my hobbies. At the moment die-cutting paper craft is my favorite, and I am sharing my projects with you on this website.